Sunday, March 26, 2006

The MIM issue, or will you please clean out your ears!

I don't know about you, but I read until the end of a post. I read every word in a post. I construct them into to sentences and paragraphs, and there fore understand what the writer is conveying.

Apparently, I am a rare bird in the blogosphere. Evidence is provided by the Morphing into Momma blog. MIM posted a piece about a class she was taking. Basically, the debate was about what being comfortable in a relationship means to different people. Her point in this debate was that a spouse should consult their partner before making drastic changes to their appearance. That a spouse's likes and dislikes should be taken into account after marriage as well as before.

Somehow weight became the thing that her fellow students glommed onto to pick apart her argument. Their point being that no man should tell his wife to lose weight. MIM agreed and rebutted by saying she didn't say it was about weight gain or about husband/wife roles. She further pointed out that drastic changes in appearance can be an indication of depression/stress/etc., but she also tried to pull it back to basic premise--attractiveness is based on image. And one should consult with one's life partner before changing that image.

MIM also backpedaled to explain that weight gain due to illness/age was not what she was talking about. She was talking about changes to personal appearance that were controllable.

I don't know about anyone else, but when someone I love radically changes their appearance, I become concerned. Mostly because in my experience, this is a control issue. When my husband shaved his head, after growing his hair out for two years, at midnight, I asked him if he was okay. He said that he was and that he was going to load the dishwasher. I told him that he was taking the next day off and to call in before going to bed. Our baby was 1 1/2 months old and was refusing to sleep. I sat down with her and finally got her to sleep while Chris called in sick and we slept in the next morning. He went off to the rpg game store and hung out there for awhile and returned much better.

I don't know about you but I recognized the signs of an impending wiggin from my hubby and nipped it in the bud.

I hope that this clears up some of the absolute stupidity going on out there over this post. Yeah, that's right I called everyone who made such a big deal out of post they probably only skimmed through, if that, stupid. Oh, and I hope you do comment. Unlike MIM, I love to fight, and for every ugly comment I get, I'll give one right back.

I think it's horrible that she has had to turn off the comment feature on her blog. I think that everyone who didn't really read what she said and then commented like the half assed baboons they are should have their keyboards taken away.

BRING IT ON, ASSHOLES! COMMENT AWAY!!!!!

No comments: