Friday, December 30, 2005

Yarn Harlot Friday and other things

What is Yarn Harlot Friday you ask? This is a new tradition whereby I choose a meditation from At Knit's End: Meditations for Women who Knit too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka Yarn Harlot, every Friday to use as a meme. Ya know just in case I can't think of anything else. Until I fall in love with some other bathroom reading, we'll be doing this every Friday.

So a random quote from AKE is:

"I will try other knitting needles, particularly if one type consistently sends me to the emergency room."

Hmm, I think what we are talking about here is keeping options open. Because remember, the definition for insanity is that you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result even though you get the same result over and over.

Extrapolating from this might lead one to believe that by trying new knitting needles occassionally will be an effective charm against those nasty men in the white coats, sort of like an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Now that we are though being all yarn harloty, the baby is sick, she has cut a new tooth in less than a week, and hubby just got sent home becuase of a bloody nose and a cold at the same time. And this was supposed to be a quiet day.

Goddess give me strength.

No comments: