Friday, December 08, 2006

Wow! I'm so steamed.

I love my husband, I really do, but sometimes he just says the wrong thing, and I just want to kill him. Today, he made a snarky comment when I told him I had planned on us doing some of the heavier cleaning that hadn't gotten done yet on Sunday. So I told him fine. He could do what he wanted, but I was cleaning that day. I didn't care what he was doing, and if he wanted to have people over, I would just clean around them tool.

Sometimes I just really want to kill something. Anything. I know that I make most of the plans around here, but that's because Chris lives in a house that doesn't have drawers.

Okay, let me explain. Chris can be unpacking a box, or cleaning off a surface, and he'll start to look at something. He'll spend twice the time it took him to unpack or pick up the piece of paper/book/magazine/plate/shiny thing looking at it, then he'll put it down on a shelf, back on the surface he found it on (like our dining room table), or back in the box because the place its going isn't ready yet.

We have guests coming people, and I really want to be able to eat at my dining room table. Freesia is getting too big for her high chair.

So I told him, he can do what he wants. I don't care. But I'll be cleaning. And if he thinks I'm going to just clean around him, then he's got another thing coming.

No comments: