We've also gotten the webcam and the microphone up and working. And I'm seriously thinking about podcasting and what a pain it would be on a dial up. Maybe once we get our credit cards paid we'll pick up a cable modem or something.
On the other hand, I've been thinking about this being my 100th post and thought that I might try one of those "100 things about me" memes.
100 things about me:
- I am a mother.
- I am a knitter.
- I root for the underdog, especially against defined authority figures. Everytime, whether I'm right or not.
- I am nonpartisan as far as my voting is concerned.
- I believe in the death penalty and abortion. According to my religion, both are the same.
- I am anxious to get pregnant again, especially since I'm over thirty.
- I feel selfish when I buy for myself, so I have to have an allowance so I can buy stuff for my hobbies.
- I don't wear make up.
- I don't wear clothing unless I have to. I like to call myself an indoor nudist. When I was thinner, I would go topless at festivals.
- I like breastfeeding my daughter. It isn't any sort of sexual thrill, it's the closeness. I feel like she's listening as I talk to her, which is a switch from how I feel when she's into everything in the house.
- I am a fundamentally lazy person about everything but knitting.
- I strive to be a Knitter, but I still haven't finished an actual fitted garment other than socks or mittens.
- I hate commericals.
- I love Stephen King novels.
- I dislike movie and television spoofs.
- I hate any movie that Adam Sandler has ever been in. I think he should have stuck to songwriting.
- I dislike the "movie actor" Martin Lawrence. He was much funnier when he had his own TV show and was doing stand up.
- My taste in movies is almost diametrically opposed to my father's. This is the reason I spend almost some of every visit hiding in their kitchen.
- I think Russel Crowe looks like my husband, and that is the explanation I gave Chris as to why I have a crush on him. (Russell Crowe and Chris actually do look a lot a like, at least until Chris started on his thirties paunch.)
- I like my husband's love handles.
- I like being fat myself. I don't have to wear fashionable clothes, only comfortable ones.
- I don't diet, but I do eat sensibly.
- I try not to put on more weight instead of concentrating on losing it.
- As much as I love my mother, I also acknowledge that putting me on a 1000 calorie diet when I was twelve, then again at thirteen, again at fourteen, then again when I was sixteen, may have stunted my height and messed up my metabolism.
- I will never starve my daughter.
- I will never let my daughter starve herself.
- I rarely knit for myself.
- I love to spin, but haven't had the time since we moved because of the baby and we are still unpacking.
- I hate the war in Iraq, but not the soldiers there.
- I dislike people on general principal. This doesn't include people I consider to be family.
I've been holding this post for two days trying to think up more things to put here, but can't. I just don't have 100 things of interest about me, I think.
So it goes up, unfinished. Gee, a lot like life, huh!